发表于 2009-12-4 17:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
为方便牛蜜查阅与牛仔相关的第一手资料,特将一些主流牛仔resource进行一定的整理,特开此贴。

达拉斯牛仔官网:http://www.dallascowboys.com/
达拉斯牛仔博客:http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/
NFL官网牛仔首页:http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowboys/profile?team=DAL
ESPN牛仔首页:http://espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal
ESPN NFL Local牛仔:http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/local/team?team=dal
yahoo牛仔首页:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal
newsnow牛仔页:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/NFL/Dallas+Cowboys(24小时不间断刷新,自动搜罗和牛仔相关的新闻)

另:本贴还将发布翻译文章的招工,有兴趣的筒子可以接工翻译,由于目前人气不够,所发文章时效性不强,暂作试验。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-4 17:16 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 直布罗陀岩石 于 2009-12-4 17:26 编辑

Low Profile
Fullback Anderson Knows Role

Ken Sins - Email
DallasCowboysStar.com
December 3, 2009 5:47 PM

Deon Anderson lines up in the backfield, but he rarely gets his mitts on the ball. He was introduced with the offensive starters in seven of the first 10 games, but he might be the most low-profile regular in the Dallas lineup.

In the '60s, fullbacks were glory guys, the focal point of the offense on many teams. Pro Football Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Jim Taylor were the fullbacks on the NFL's All-Decade team of the '60s, each among the legendary ball carriers in the game's history.

Since then, however, the role of the fullback has been scaled back.

Way back.

These days, it's a pass-oriented game, with most of the ground yardage eaten up by the tailback.

In the Cowboys' scheme, the position is almost 100 percent blocking. As of Thanksgiving, Anderson had touched the ball 11 times on offense in his three seasons with Dallas-nine receptions and two rushes.

The natural inclination would be to presume that Anderson is frustrated with his limited role. In high school, he put up big numbers as a running back. In college at Connecticut, he had 162 touches during his career as a fullback.

Such presumptions would be totally wrong. Anderson's philosophy is that a successful block means he shares in every Marion Barber touchdown run, every Tashard Choice third-down conversion and every long-gainer by Felix Jones.

"Everyone who follows football, that's their take on it," says Anderson, a solid 5-10 and 246 pounds. "But my take on it is when I make a block, when I feel Marion run up my back and get a first down, score a touchdown, make a big run, when I make a block to spring somebody open, that's my incentive right there. Whatever they tell me I need to do to help the team win, that's what I'm going to do."

Anderson quickly learned that a Cowboys fullback must forget about having any ego.

"That's why it's a team," he says. "Each of us has a specific role to play and when we play those roles to the best of our ability, you are successful.

"From Day One I knew. I wasn't looking for anything glorious, big stats, anything like that. I just came here to make the team. Once I did that, I was just trying to fill a role. You can't say, 'Hey, coach, I want to do something else.' You can, but you wouldn't last long. This is what I do, whether it's Marion scoring touchdowns or somebody else getting 150 yards. I do my job and I'm satisfied."

Soon after his arrival as a sixth-round pick in 2007, Anderson discussed the fullback's parameters with one of the franchise's all-time greats at the position, Daryl Johnston.

The Moose's advice: embrace your role and contribute to a winning team.

"We've spoken numerous times," Anderson says. "I remember coming in from practice one day and he told me everything, from where to sit in the meeting room to how to lift weights in the offseason. He has a lot of wisdom."

Blocking is something Anderson has always relished.

"I've always liked it," he says. "I may not touch the ball all that often but it doesn't matter to me, as long as I get to hit somebody."

Of course, Anderson was already mentally prepared to assume a support role from his time at Connecticut.

He was recruited by Huskies coach Randy Edsall as a middle linebacker in 2001 after earning All-New England, All-Conference and team MVP honors as a senior at Old Farms Prep in Avon, Conn. Edsall was trying to build up the program, and he sought out hard-nosed players like Anderson.

Since he started playing the sport as a kid, the Providence, R.I. native always loved defense despite putting up some huge numbers as a running back early in his career for Hope High School. He enjoyed the physical dimension of middle linebacker, and planned to be a key part of the Huskies' defense.

But Edsall threw a change-up at his new recruit.

"When I got there and went to camp, I found out I was a fullback," Anderson says. "But I figured I could make the adjustment because I always liked to hit people."

Anderson doesn't play full-time on offense. He is replaced on passing downs for an extra tight end or wide receiver. Three times this season he didn't start because the Cowboys opened the game with a second tight end.

Thus, it's imperative for him to pitch in on special teams.

It didn't take long for new special teams coach Joe DeCamillis to develop an appreciation for Anderson's attitude toward the kicking game.

"Deon's got a real physical presence," DeCamillis says. "If he's got to take on the double-team or run into someone, he's going to do it over and over. He has a real toughness and getting more and more used to what I'm asking him to do.

"The way the 45-man roster is set up in the NFL, the fullback has to give you plays. If he doesn't, it's not good for you, that's for sure."

For Anderson, excelling on special teams is a point of pride.

"That's where I get in my defensive play, on special teams, on punt and kickoff coverage," Anderson says. "You're running down there and it's like you're on defense. I still have that hunter's mentality. I enjoy it, running down there, busting wedges, blocking. I like it all."

Anderson's special teams prowess at Connecticut was a primary reason the Cowboys drafted him. Anderson led the Huskies in kicking-game tackles in each of his four seasons, and he also filled slots on coverage teams in high school.

"I played offense, defense and special defense from when I was eight years old through high school, and then offense and special teams from college on," Anderson says.

Now, he's a blend of offensive lineman and tight end with a sprinkling of running back.

"I'm in between, in that gray area," he says with a smile.

The Cowboys have featured a strong ground game all season. They rushed for more than 200 yards in Weeks 2 and 3 and have stood among the top 10 running teams this year.

Anderson has helped make that success possible.

He's paid a price for his physical style. During his three seasons at Valley Ranch, he's had two surgeries on his left knee and a torn right rotator cuff that required an operation.

But you'll never catch him shying away from contact.

"He's very important because he brings that physicality to the team," Choice says. "It's a hard role to have because you have to be very unselfish and understand you have to throw your body out there on every play for somebody else to get the yards."

Keeping his profile low and understanding his role, Anderson is content to pave the way.

原文地址:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=56F49ADC-9754-FF78-E32C5C0032048F72

牛仔官网关于FB Deon Anderson的文章,有兴趣回帖接工,有码数赠送。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-6 13:42 | 显示全部楼层
:dizzy:我只能机翻。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-12-6 17:06 | 显示全部楼层
其实没关系,查查字典,慢慢翻,翻出大意就行,可以尝试一下啊。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-1 21:01 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 直布罗陀岩石 于 2010-1-2 17:00 编辑

Story Of A Decade
These 10 Games Defined The 2000s For The Cowboys

Josh Ellis - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
December 31, 2009 4:54 PM
R.W. McQuarters intercepts Romo's desperation throw to give the Giants a 21-17 win over the Cowboys.

IRVING, Texas - How's this for irony, or symmetry, or both: In what was the most considerable dry spell in team history, an entire decade without a single playoff win, the Cowboys actually qualified for the playoffs in their first game of the 2000s, and the last. In the first, Chan Gailey's 1999 Cowboys secured an 8-8 season and Wild Card berth by beating the New York Giants 26-18 at Texas Stadium on Jan. 2, 2000. In the last, Wade Phillips' team extended its future by at least one more week, shutting out Washington 17-0 on Sunday. This is the story of everything that happened in between, in chronological order, for better or worse, the 10 games that made the decade for America's Team. The End of an Era - Dec. 10, 2000 - Washington 32, Dallas 13 The Cowboys had been the team of the '90s, but the aughts didn't begin so well, with the first of three 5-11 seasons under head coach Dave Campo. Campo's hands were tied from the beginning, as franchise quarterback and future Hall of Famer Troy Aikman battled a back injury and repeated concussions throughout the year. A third-and-one from the Washington one-yard line proved to be the final snap of Aikman's career, Redskins rookie linebacker LaVar Arrington dealing him a 10th career concussion as he rolled toward the right sideline. A Gleam of Hope - Aug. 4, 2001 - Oakland 21, Dallas 14 The Cowboys had been roundly criticized for picking Georgia quarterback Quincy Carter in the second round of the 2001 NFL Draft, but decided to hand him the franchise after an impressive preseason debut in Oakland. The Cowboys released veteran journeyman Tony Banks 11 days after Carter had 167 yards on 9-of-15 passing in not quite a quarter and a half of action against Raiders backups, connecting for touchdowns to Chris Brazzell and Bahsir Yamini. The decision to place the team in Carter's young hands helped destine the Cowboys for instability at the quarterback position for much of the decade. Make a Place for Emmitt - Oct. 27, 2002 - Seattle 17, Dallas 14 Mired in that three-season run of 5-11 purgatory, the Cowboys franchise did have one shining moment, Emmitt Smith's ascension to the top of the NFL's all-time rushing list. Taking a handoff from rookie quarterback Chad Hutchinson, Smith followed Robert Thomas' lead block for a gain of 11 off left tackle, giving him 16,728 career rushing yards. The 2002 campaign would be Smith's last with the Cowboys, who later inducted him into their Ring of Honor alongside Aikman and Michael Irvin on Sept. 19, 2005. See Change - Oct. 12, 2003 - Dallas 23, Philadelphia 21 The Eagles had begun the 2000 season with a surprise onside kick against the Cowboys, the first strike in a 41-14 pickle-juice aided humiliation of the home team at Texas Stadium. Leading into this Week 6 meeting for the NFC East lead, the Eagles had beaten the Cowboys in six straight games. First-year Cowboys coach Bill Parcells had his team prepared for its first big game in three seasons, which was evident from the start, as reserve wide receiver Randal Williams returned a less-surprising onside attempt 37 yards for a touchdown. The Cowboys held off Donovan McNabb's last minute comeback attempt, ushering in a brighter period for the franchise, which would make the playoffs and go on to have five winning seasons in six years to close the decade. Biscuit's Big Play - Nov. 14, 2005 - Dallas 21, Philadelphia 20 Though the Eagles were the class of the NFC East over the last 10 years, the Cowboys became much more competitive against them as the years wore on. One of the wildest nights in team history came at Lincoln Financial Field, when the Cowboys came back from a 13-point deficit in the last 3:04 of game time, taking the lead on an ill-advised Donovan McNabb throw that safety Roy Williams returned for a 46-yard touchdown. After that six-game losing streak to begin the 2000s, the Cowboys were more competitive in the following years, going 6-7 against Sunday's opponent to close out the decade. Tony, Tony, Tony! - Nov. 19, 2006 - Dallas 21, Indianapolis 14 The Cowboys had muddled through the post-Aikman era with less-than stellar play at the most important position on the field. Carter, Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, Ryan Leaf, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe all started games for the team after Aikman retired, but fourth-year undrafted free agent Tony Romo took over the job midway through the '06 season and hasn't looked back. When the Cowboys knocked off the previously undefeated Colts and Peyton Manning in Week 11, it became clear Romo was the franchise quarterback the team had been missing. Tony, Tony, Tony . . . - Jan. 6, 2007 - Seattle 21, Dallas 20 This list is about memorable games, and unfortunately the Wild Card playoff loss at Seattle is the one the Cowboys and their fans would most like to forget. After the Seahawks failed to convert a two-point conversion with 4:24 to play, the Cowboys needed only a field goal to advance in the playoffs. Romo drove the offense down to the Seattle two-yard line, but they couldn't get the ball in the end zone. Romo, who remained the holder for field goals after ascending to the starting job, let the potential-game winning three-point try slip through his fingers, and couldn't turn the bobbled snap into a touchdown while trying to scramble around the left end, allowing Seattle to take over possession and close out the win. "The Better Team Lost" - Jan. 13, 2008 - New York Giants 21, Dallas 17 After rolling over the NFC in Wade Phillips' first season as head coach and earning homefield advantage throughout the playoffs with a 13-3 regular season record, the Cowboys couldn't translate their success to the postseason. After beating the Giants twice during the regular season, the Cowboys came up short in the Divisional round when Romo's desperation throw to Terry Glenn in the end zone was intercepted by R.W. McQuarters. Tough criticism of Phillips (the decade's winningest Cowboys coach) ratcheted up the next day, when he said he believed the better team had lost. New York went on to beat the previously-undefeated Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. 44-6 - Dec. 27, 2008 - Philadelphia 44, Dallas 6 Anyone who had managed to repress the toughest losses in franchise history is likely still working on this one, when the Cowboys fell flat on their face in a pre-playoff playoff game. Facing a win-and-you're-in scenario, the Cowboys turned the ball over five times as the Eagles coasted to an easy victory at The Linc. The loss only compounded frustrations from the week prior, when the Cowboys closed Texas Stadium with a heartbreaking loss to Baltimore, and brought about a tumultuous off-season in which the team let go of a couple of its best players of the decade, Williams and wide receiver Terrell Owens, who were both released on March 5. Big Win in the Big Easy - Dec. 19, 2009 - Dallas 24, New Orleans 17
The "December Swoon" fervor was almost as deafening as the Louisiana Superdome crowd. After losing the first two games of the month to put their playoff future on the ropes and raise questions about Phillips' job security, the Cowboys faced their most daunting test of the season, playing at the 13-0 Saints in a frenzied road environment. It remains to be seen how the season will play out, but this big win will still go down as one of the Cowboys' greatest in 50 years of existence. They jumped out to an early lead, then held off a high-powered New Orleans offense with heavy pressure from DeMarcus Ware, who had been strapped to a back board and carted off the field in a scary moment just six days earlier.

原文地址:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=E6F488CC-AAE1-6B74-11C433C34BDC46C3
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-2 16:58 | 显示全部楼层
Story of A Decade
10 (Plus 3) Players Who Impacted The Decade

Rob Phillips - Email
January 1, 2010 5:26 PM
Andre Gurode (65), Larry Allen (73), and Flozell Adams (76) all played on the line at one time.
IRVING, Texas - From Triplets to Tuna, the Cowboys' course changed forever in the spring of 2003. The most prominent remaining link to the '90s championship teams, Emmitt Smith, was released and head coach Bill Parcells' first rookie class netted four current starters, including an undrafted quarterback named Tony Romo. From three straight losing seasons at the start of the decade to a return to NFC prominence in 2007, from aging '90s stalwarts to upstart stars of the present era , the 2000s in Dallas were shaped by a talented blend of old and new players. Here's a glance at 10 of them, including three honorable mentions (with strong consideration given to longevity as well as performance):
10. Bradie James (2003-present)
An example of diligence and hard work - and a fourth-round pick in Parcells' inaugural '03 draft class - James waited his turn for two seasons at inside linebacker behind Dexter Coakley. He's now a five-year starter, a three-year defensive captain and has led the Cowboys in tackles each season since '05. James is still looking for his first Pro Bowl appearance, but his impact on the locker room and in the defensive huddle can't be measured by stats. Think of him as the central nervous system in Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme: the defensive calls go first to him and filter outward.
9. Andre Gurode (2002-present)
Another model of development. A second-round pick in '02, Gurode lost his starting job after the '04 season but re-energized his career in '05 with a switch from right guard back to center. A full-time starter again in '06, Gurode is now heading to his fourth straight Pro Bowl. And like James on defense, he's a communication anchor for the offensive line.
8. Terrell Owens (2006-2008)
Probably the most polarizing figure in Cowboys history, if not the National Football League, Owens left Dallas last March on less than pleasant terms. Fair or not, his three-year legacy will be remembered as much for perceived locker room discord as his star production at wide receiver. No other player in the franchise's 49-year tenure has three straight double-digit touchdown seasons. Over that stretch, Owens averaged 78.3 catches, 1,195.7 yards and 12.7 touchdowns, including a single-season record 15 when the Cowboys won 13 games in '07.
7. Terence Newman (2003-present)
The top pick in Parcells' '03 class, Newman has been just what the Cowboys hoped that spring: a perennial starter and one of the league's better cover cornerbacks. Although injuries took a toll from '07-08, Newman started every game from '03-'06 and is 15-of-15 this season. He has a team-best 23 interceptions in the decade.
6. Greg Ellis (1998-2008)
Released in June '09, Ellis' Cowboys career nearly spanned the entire decade. A fixture at defensive end and then outside linebacker when Parcells shifted to the 3-4 in '06, Ellis led the Cowboys in sacks six times, including a five-year span from '02-06. He currently ranks eighth on their all-time sack list with 77. And despite some public frustrations over his role and/or contract in recent years, Ellis carried himself like a professional. He served as the players' union rep as well as a locker room leader.
5. Larry Allen (1994-2005)
Known more for his dominance in the '90s - he was a member of the Cowboys' Super Bowl XXX team - Allen remained a force on the Cowboys' offensive line well into the Aughts. Five of his 11 Pro Bowls came in the 2000s ('00-01, '03-05) before the organization parted ways after the '05 season. Three years later, Allen signed a one-day contract so he could retire as a Cowboy. Quite possibly the greatest offensive lineman in franchise history.
4. Flozell Adams (1998-present)
The crown jewels of the '98 draft class, Ellis (first round) and Adams (second round) helped fortify both sides of the ball for more than a decade. Adams is completing his 11th straight full season at left tackle, and despite his advancing age (34), continues to aptly protect Romo's blind side.
3. Tony Romo (2003-present)
Who would've thought the long-awaited quarterback successor to Troy Aikman would've been an undrafted kid from tiny Eastern Illinois? Not even Parcells and team owner/general manager Jerry Jones could have envisioned Romo's future when he signed as a rookie free agent after the '03 draft. Learning for three and a half seasons behind stop-gap starters Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe, Romo has become the franchise's face and the long-term answer under center. He may be only in his third full season as a starter, but he has brought permanence to the team's most important position. In 2009, he has amassed his second career 4,000-yard season. No other player in franchise history has one.
2. DeMarcus Ware (2005-present)
Speaking of franchise faces, Ware is the chief on defense and one of the league's most dominant pass rushers. The 27-year-old has more than delivered on his first-round expectations: four straight Pro Bowls, a single-season record 20.0 sacks in '08 and tied for the fourth-fastest to 50.0 career sacks in NFL history. He's also proved durable, playing through a variety of injuries this year.
1. Jason Witten (2003-present)
Arguably the Cowboys' most consistent player this decade - plain and simple. Like Ware, the 27-year-old tight end is blazing a Cowboys Ring of Honor and Pro Football Hall of Fame path. Since being drafted in the '03 third round, Witten has played in 110 out of 111 possible games. With 954 yards through 15 games, the six-time Pro Bowler is approaching his second career 1,000-yard season. Last Sunday night, he passed Mike Ditka and Todd Christensen for eighth on the NFL's all-time tight end receiving yards list (5,889). Since becoming a full-time starter in '04, Witten has caught at least 64 passes and 754 yards.
Three More:
Emmitt Smith (2000-02): A true measure of his greatness, Smith was strongly considered for the top 10 despite playing three years toward the end of his marvelous career. He had back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in '00 and '01, then broke Walter Payton's all-time rushing record at the end of '02, his final season in Dallas.
Roy Williams (safety) (2002-08): Williams' production declined toward the end of his seven-year tenure in Dallas, prompting his release at the end of the '08 season. But there's no question he had a positive impact on the Cowboys' defense for many years. At punishing hitter at the safety position, Williams made five Pro Bowls after being drafted in the '02 first round.

La'Roi Glover (2002-05): Glover made the most of his relatively brief stay in Dallas: he made four Pro Bowls in four seasons. He was consistently effective at defensive tackle and also provided a veteran locker room presence.
Home | Email | Print | Register for New Alerts | RSS

原文地址:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=EC3EC664-9F9E-44D7-6DEA6529633145E4
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-3 17:02 | 显示全部楼层
A Decade Of Plays
Cowboys Top 10 Plays From The 2000s Decade

Nick Eatman - Email
January 2, 2010 7:27 PM
IRVING, Texas - You've seen the 10 most influential games of the decade. You've seen the top 10 players from the past 10 years as well. Now it's time for the best plays. Now these plays didn't exactly define the decade. Some of them came in the most important games, while others were truly remarkable individual accomplishments, regardless of the year, game or score. Among these 10, you'll see some of the best players in Cowboys history, while others were merely blasts from the pasts. Regardless, here are the 10 plays of 2000-09 decade, starting with a few honorable mention: Honorable Mention: 40 Equals 4 - In 2007, a lot of things went right, especially early in the year. Against the Rams in the middle of the season, Romo made the most of this wild snap over his head, and managed to not only pick it up, but scramble for nearly 40 yards to pick up the first down. Probably one of the best four-yard runs in club history. Barbarian-Like - If Romo had the best four-yard run, Marion Barber had the best two-yard gain. In the same 2007 season, Barber avoids a safety against the Patriots, about four times, shedding constant tacklers in his own end zone to eventually get up the field to gain two yards. The Cowboys lost the game to the Patriots that day but Barber once again showed why he was dubbed Marion "the Barbarian." 106-Yard Field Goal - To think the Cowboys could turn the ball over six times, including five Romo interceptions, and still have a chance to win the game, you knew Nick Folk wouldn't miss the 53-yard field goal against Buffalo. Even if he had to kick it twice. But after the Cowboys rallied to give the rookie kicker a shot to win this 2007 game against the Bills, Folk's game-winning kick was nullified because Buffalo had called a timeout seconds before. Calmly, Folk stepped right up and drilled the 53-yarder again, capping a dramatic comeback in Buffalo. Top 10 Plays 10. Option Left - The Cowboys brought out some trickery to beat the Panthers in an important 2003 game. Richie Anderson and Aveion Cason came through for an important touchdown that lifted the Cowboys to a 24-20 win over the Panthers. It was the game that gave the Cowboys their eighth win, and after three straight 5-11 campaigns, first-year head coach Bill Parcells, with tears in his eyes, told the media, "you can't call them losers, anymore." 9. Three-Second TD - The Eagles fooled the Cowboys with an onside kick to start the game, and the season in 2000. It didn't work again. Not only that, but this time the Cowboys were more than ready as wide receiver Randal Williams caught David Akers' onside kick, and returned it 37 yards for a touchdown. It was, and still is the fastest touchdown to begin a game in NFL history. That score also propelled the Cowboys to a 23-21 win over the Eagles, who had beaten Dallas six straight times before that win. 8. 250 Miles - In Kansas City of all places, but that was where a star was virtually born. Miles Austin, only starting because of an injury to Roy Williams, exploded onto the scene with a 250-yard game, setting the Cowboys' single-game record. Austin capped off the Cowboys' win with a 60-yard touchdown, giving the Cowboys a 26-20 overtime win over Kansas City. The victory also ignited a four-game winning streak for the Cowboys. It also ignited a Pro Bowl season for Austin, who scored 11 touchdowns. 7. AB For Six - For 55 minutes, the Cowboys were dominated by the Panthers in a 2002 game. Carolina led 13-0 and had the Cowboys on the ropes until Quincy Carter hit Joey Galloway for an 80-yard touchdown to give the team some life. After a defensive stop, the Cowboys were driving again in the final seconds, but on fourth down, Carter found rookie receiver Antonio Bryant, who made a juggling catch in the end zone. The play was review but upheld, giving the Cowboys a dramatic 14-13 win over Carolina. 6. To The House - What looked like a routine screen pass late in the fourth quarter of a Cowboys-Cardinals game in 2008, became an electrifying touchdown. Barber picked up two key blocks from Sam Hurd and Terrell Owens to spring him down the sidelines. After a cutback and then a dive to the end zone, Barber had a 70-yard touchdown that cut Arizona's 10-point lead to three in the final minutes. While the Cowboys eventually lost the game in overtime, Barber's touchdown was easily one of the most exciting plays of the last 10 years. 5. Woody Dazzling - The 2002 season wasn't the most memorable of years this decade. The same could be said for the pro career of Woody Dantzler. But for one play in a regular season game against the 49ers, Dantzler turned out one of the greatest individual plays in franchise history. On a return that featured several missed tackles, a stiff-arm to the kicker, a tight rope down the sideline and then pure speed to the end zone, Dantlzer's touchdown had it all. While it didn't mean much to the big picture of the game, the season or certainly the decade, his touchdown simply can't be ignored on this list. 4. He's Every-Ware - When defensive players rush the passer, they're usually taught to bat down the ball when attacking the quarterback. DeMarcus Ware has always been an exception and that's why he turned out an exceptional play in a 2006 game against Michael Vick and the Falcons. Just a few feet from the quarterback, Ware snagged Vick's pass in mid-air and then stiff-armed the quarterback and outran everyone else to the end zone for an amazing touchdown by a 260-pound defensive player. Ware's touchdown helped the Cowboys beat the Falcons in a game that clinched a playoff spot. 3. Roy-al Comeback - Trailing the Eagles by 13 points with less than five minutes to play, it looked rather bleak for the Cowboys at Lincoln Financial Field. But after Terry Glenn's touchdown pass cut the Eagles' lead to six in the final three minutes, the Cowboys needed a big defensive stop. What they got instead was an interception by Roy Williams, who raced 46 yards down the sidelines to the end zone. Williams' touchdown gave the Cowboys an improbable 21-20 win and gave the club a season-sweep over Philly for the first time in seven years. 2. Move Over Sweetness - You can argue who is the NFL's best running back of all time. But for now, and probably not for a long time, if ever, you can't argue who has the most yards. Emmitt Smith broke Walter Payton's all-time rushing record on a 10-yard run against Seattle in a 2002 game. The Cowboys didn't win that game, and only finished 5-11 that season, but Smith's run that day signified his incredible career. While Chad Hutchinson handed him the ball and Robert Thomas led the way, the names surrounding Emmitt Smith that day obviously didn't tell the whole story of his career, other than the fact his longevity was a huge factor in Smith surpassing Payton that afternoon.
1. With No Helmet - Jason Witten was considered a tough football player long before the 2007 season. But after a hit by two Eagles defenders on a Sunday Night Football that sent his helmet flying in the air, Witten showed just how tough he really is. Not only did that hit not bring him down, but Witten was only halfway done, scampering another 30 yards with no helmet before being tackled at the Eagles' 6. While he didn't get a touchdown that play, Witten got a bloody-nose, and tons of nation-wide respect. The Cowboys dominated Philly on this night, but Witten running with no helmet was the signature play of an entire decade.

原文地址:http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=F2AAC872-EC70-50DC-9943E67A090055AF
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

archiver|手机版|小黑屋|达阵联盟-NFL-美式橄榄球中文网

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 10:06 , Processed in 0.115466 second(s), 18 queries .